News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Forgive me brothers I have sinned

Started by akey, June 19, 2011, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akey

As a leaving gift to me from me for leaving the RAF I decided to get a new bike, after test riding both the 800 tigers, and the 1050 non seemed to tick all the boxes of my old 955i.

Forgive me for i have sinned, I took a test ride on the new Yam Super Tenere and instantly fell in love, it does everything I love about the tiger and more, the torque from this big twin is just amazing, add in the traction control (which i got to kick in  :shock: ) abs and fully loaded with luggage, engine bars and spots.  

The bike feels so light once its rolling even more so than the 800 but with the punch of the 1200......

The deal was finally sealed when they offered me the demonstrator for alot less than the usual price with lots of extras thrown in, and a good trade in on my old girl.

So please done shun me if you see a 60 plate silver super 10 nod at you, it might be a old tiger owner who still loves the triple.

I shall now take whatever pennance you may offer  :oops:

Timbox2

Quote from: "akey"As a leaving gift to me from me for leaving the RAF I decided to get a new bike, after test riding both the 800 tigers, and the 1050 non seemed to tick all the boxes of my old 955i.

Forgive me for i have sinned, I took a test ride on the new Yam Super Tenere and instantly fell in love, it does everything I love about the tiger and more, the torque from this big twin is just amazing, add in the traction control (which i got to kick in  :shock: ) abs and fully loaded with luggage, engine bars and spots.  

The bike feels so light once its rolling even more so than the 800 but with the punch of the 1200......

The deal was finally sealed when they offered me the demonstrator for alot less than the usual price with lots of extras thrown in, and a good trade in on my old girl.

So please done shun me if you see a 60 plate silver super 10 nod at you, it might be a old tiger owner who still loves the triple.

I shall now take whatever pennance you may offer  :oops:

So why didnt you go search out a low mileage 06/07 955i ? And save yourself a nice few, no sorry, loads of cash. Interesting that neither the 1050 or 800's stacked up to the ol 955, sort of my thoughts though I have to say.

Enjoy the Yam mate, Im sure its a great bike :wink:

As for penance, sorry I will shun you till the end of time :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

akey

The main reason for not getting another (younger) 955i is the handling of the super 10, there is very little dive under braking even when hard and it feels so much lighter and more nimble round the corners.

But more than anything I know I was suckered in by the joy of owning a new and modern bike

:oops:

I did consider waiting to see if the mythical tiger 1200 comes out next year, but I am just a little to imaptiant  :twisted:

NKL

Oh, so your the one thats bought one. :lol:
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Nick Calne

Jeesh, Akey, It's normally a full excommunication for this sort of thing....we need to form some sort of disciplinary committee...

but as it's you...

Go on post some piccies!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

NeilD

Quote from: "NKL"Oh, so your the one thats bought one. :lol:

:D

must admit I quite liked the look of it - the one I looked at was almost Caspian Blue  :D  have fun hope you enjoy it..

akey

Quote from: "nickcalne"Jeesh, Akey, It's normally a full excommunication for this sort of thing....we need to form some sort of disciplinary committee...

but as it's you...

Go on post some piccies!

I'll get some up once I pick it up and it has all the farkles on it :)

Oh and I will bow my head to the disciplinary committee  :twisted:

Spud

saw super Ten park next to an 800 and near my 955, thought the Ten looked better than the 800 to be truthful and the guy got it new for £9500 with a load of gis it's added on. Enjoy the new ride cheers Spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

Quote from: "akey"The deal was finally sealed when they offered me the demonstrator for alot less than the usual price with lots of extras thrown in, and a good trade in on my old girl.

Always a sure sign of a bad seller,but I understand the balance of a new bike I felt the same riding a 1200 Multistrada,I've never achieved it with my 955 and spent more money than most trying  :(

No need to do any pennace,it'll come when you try to sell it  :D

Having taken a bit of kicking from 990 KTM the last time we were in Germany torque from a big twin is always seductive :wink:

But lucky you who ever designs Yamahas sits on a bike like I do,hence why I have had so many they build good bikes.

NKL

A little bird told me a lot of yamaha dealers are pre registering new super tens so they can sell them as secondhand/exdemo's, its the only way they can shift them.   way too expensive for what it is.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

BruKen

Tar, feathers, burning at the stake .... the Yam is a good bike. Be mad to point a finger.... happy ridings.

walker

heck, if I could swing a super tenere I'd have one already! Looks like an awesome machine.

Chris Canning

Better not shout too loud,those old enough to remember the Yamaha TR1,they were selling them in crates at £1100 a piece they were that desperate to sell e'm,years on realised not a bad bike at all and fetch good money  :D

If Yamaha hadn't been so daft with price on the Tenere,they would have been a much better seller.

I'll wait for the new Tiger and almost certainley there'll be a 1200 SMT  :D before any decisions are made,if at all  :roll:

Totos Tiger

And the pictures of the ride are where?

akey

not mine but the same colour and some of the options I have, I have engine bars, spots and topbox to add on  8)

The price new is  :shock: but I think thats more to do with the price of the Yen and the strong £ rather than pricing by Yamaha.

I got mine from my local dealer in the UK (same one that sold me the Girly as well).