News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Forgive me brothers I have sinned

Started by akey, June 19, 2011, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

I haven't ridden the new XT so I don't know,my bench mark on a bike is when a.n.other comes past me and buggers off into the distance and I can't catch e'm,I've yet to come across a trallie/adventure bike or what ever you want to call e'm do that ,there's always a first time,but it hasn't come yet,having said that,mine isn't stock either.

Timbox2

Good write up mate, all that matters really is if you like the bike.

The Tiger is the only Dual Sport Ive ever owned, but for the money I paid possibly the best value bike Ive ever owned, interestingly I remember road testing a 885i Tiger some years back and not liking it at all.  I rode a brand new 1200GS up to North Wales 3 years ago, 2 things stick in my mind about that bike/ride:
1) I was accelarating hard up a hill and a KTM 990 Adventure came past me like it wasnt trying.
2) It broke down in Bala, and had to go back on a trailer(Imobiliser fault)and I had to go back in a f...ing Ford Ka.

Now, I have to admit to having a bit of interest in the New MG Stelvio, Im test riding one this weekend, will I buy it?, Probably not, its still £10k which means having some of it on the strap, but the ol V twin does have some appeal, as does the 32 litre tank, though what thats like when its full could be interesting, still, I have been known to make stupid rash decisions when it comes to nice shiny new things, but again, the way the Tiger now goes, and handles, it'll have to be good

Had a look through your Photobucket, did you get rear ended at a roundabout on the Tiger??
2016 Tiger Sport

akey

Yes mate that was on the A46 a couple of years ago now, guess the guy behind me thought I should have pulled in front of the van coming round the roundabout  :shock:

Engine bars saved the bike though, dinged the rear wheel and scraped the engine bars and bar ends thats about it really.

I agree though my tiger was outstanding value for money and will always be my first adventure bike  :D

blacktiger

Quote from: "akey"The Handling – At 260 odd KG this is no light bike,

Off road ability – While there are a number of reviews about how good the XT is off road, I don't have any experience with the bike to verify them. Hopefully I will get to play with an XT at the Yamaha off road school and will report how I get on if I do.

Congrats on your new bike. It's always a good feeling to go shopping.

Off road. Don't go alone. At that weight you'll need help.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Timbox2

Quote from: "akey"Yes mate that was on the A46 a couple of years ago now, guess the guy behind me thought I should have pulled in front of the van coming round the roundabout  :shock:

Engine bars saved the bike though, dinged the rear wheel and scraped the engine bars and bar ends thats about it really.

I agree though my tiger was outstanding value for money and will always be my first adventure bike  :D

Blimey, Where on the A46?, I was rear ended on the A4 at Bathampton, just before it becomes the A46, small world eh, same thing I was waiting for traffic and the guy slammed into me without braking!!!

Just looked at your location, probably a bit further North than me Im guessing.
2016 Tiger Sport