News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My Girly Before and After

Started by lobster, June 29, 2011, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lobster

Bought a 2005 here this spring and have been working on it...what do you think?

Before...

After...

Here are the details of the work done to date:

Under the sticker on the fairing was a huge crack about 6" long. I was able to use Plasti Fix / Bondo and you would swear the break was NEVER there!

Stripped, sanded and painted "Toyota" white. (it was the brightest white we could find in the the sample pack at the paint store) 2 coats primer, 2 coats paint, and 4 coats clear

New stickers courtesy of whatever I could find on eBay

Centerstand had two fixes done. First was larger pivot bolt stops to allow the stand to be more upright. The rear wheel would still sit on the ground the way it was when I bought it. Also, we added stock to the bottom of the right centerstand post so the bike sits closer to perpendicular when on the stand. It had quite a lean before!

Fabricated the exhaust guard from aluminum sheet. Original bash guard was not on the bike as purchased.

Built custom aluminum cases and top box from alum sheet...they are shaweeeeeet!!!!! build thread is here...( http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702214 ) The Givis are posted in the Flea Market.

We also moved the location of the exhaust can closer to the bike and cut / shortened the Givi racks so the right case isn't three inches further outboard w.r.t. the left side case. Now the bike looks much more symmetrical from behind.

I have a Cee Bailey's windscreen on order and I plan to do some work on the handlebars / controls.

If all goes well this rig is going to take me to Alaska next summer.

Tigertriple

Excellent looking bike. Looks like your hard work paid off as boxes look great. Interested in how you modified your Givi rack as I would like to adjust mine to reduce the width on the exhaust side.  :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Putts255

Excellent work and its looking real nice.  

Hope you get to Alaska next year. That is a trip I would love to take in the next couple years.
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

Timbox2

Quote from: "lobster".................... Also, we added stock to the bottom of the right centerstand post so the bike sits closer to perpendicular when on the stand. It had quite a lean before!................

Mine does the same, I was thinking about buying an aftermarket stand, but maybe I could get someone to do the same to mine, cheers for the thought.
2016 Tiger Sport

CoolHandLuke

You know what that really needs?

Big, bulbous, luggage to match the curves of the tank and cockpit 8)

deepsouthtiger

Nice lookin Tiger.

LOVE the white.
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

Timbox2

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"You know what that really needs?

Do I detect a small amount of sarcasm :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

DeanRider

Just an observation: The Triumph logo on the tank is from the much earlier Meriden-built bikes and not the new Bloor-owned Triumph factories at Hinckley.
1967 Triumph Tiger T100
1984 BMW R100CS
2002 Daytona 955i CE
2006 Triumph Tiger 955i
2006 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
2011 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet Classic

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"You know what that really needs?

Do I detect a small amount of sarcasm :lol:

Truthfully?  Yes and no.

I think the square lines of the luggage do an injustice to the curves of the tank and cockpit.  I think rounded edges would suit the bike better.