News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

4Th Tiger

Started by jphish, July 02, 2011, 05:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

Hey - we need to add a picture of a "Beaker" to the Steamer, Girly, Roadie at top of forum. Make it black like mine please. Also - anyone looked / found a Hobbs like tiger decal to put on tank ?

Birdy68

You mean like this:

... or this:

Yeah - I know!
I asked back in December last year - but got no reply what so ever!

I believe the 800's are not so welcome over here... :wink:
Just my opinion of course.
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!

Mustang

you need to send a pm to ABRUZZI ..he's the board admin , I am just a lowly mod  :ImaPoser

and the beakers are more than welcome here it's just that you lot seem to have wanted to visit elsewhere  :?  :wink:  :cry:

like here maybe http://www.tiger800.co.uk/

Boxmonkey

It is true that I visit two other Tiger forums, and sometimes I only post on one forum. I know others belong to more than one also, and I do not want to post the same info over and over if the same crew is looking. As for the picture at the top, I like either of Birdy68's examples.
Tiger 800 ABS

Birdy68

Tiz true, I too visit two other forums for my Tigger inputs/updates/tips-n-tricks!
One of them being the one Mustang pointed out and the other being the classic ADV - Triumph Tiger 800 thread.

Tiz also true that I too don't like to repeat my inputs within several forums for the same reasons as you have just mentioned.
So if I'm going to give something to the community then I'll give it to the largest and most welcoming audience as possible. Makes sense really.

I like to think of it just as Bixxer Bob said it:
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I posted this elsewhere, but thought it might be worth copying it here:

"....It just occurred to me that, although this site has the best support for Girlies and Steamers to be found anywhere on the web, you Beaker guys are pretty much on your own to start with  ....  at least until your warranties run out :lol:

Like with the other models, you'll evolve your own "gurus" in time   so it's important that you all post when you can, even if it's only advice on farkles and how you get on with them.  But for now, go rag the bars off it 8)"

I truly hope that this place will gain the odd one or two "800 Guru's", over time. But at the moment, they are residing else where.
Mustang has been a life saver for me when I had my Steamer - especially during my 40'000 km valve service :D  That tool of yours was brilliant! Thanks again.

It's just unfortunate that while TigerTriple was unsure/checking-out the 800 and too busy finding a name for it, the rest of the world was positively gaining momentum in forums that specifically fueled the enthusiasm for the new 800's aka Beaker and Beakerless 800 roadie.
So - maybe we can start welcoming those in other forums by showing the 'Beakers' are acknowledged here too! ADD IT TO THE LOGO  :lol:

I WILL continue to duplicate my useful findings in this and other threads. I feel I owe loyalty to this forum too for what it gave me in the past.
I don't wish to upset anyone - and I apologize if I have.
 :occasion14

Oh - and to add a sweetener to this post, if you want some reports of the 800's off road, then have a look here:
- Cheryl & Leslie's Triumph Tiger 800 XC Adventure to Alaska
- 2 Tigers, 5 days, 4 corners
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!

Mustang

Quote from: "Birdy68"I don't wish to upset anyone - and I apologize if I have.
 :occasion14

nobody here is upset ...........tigger riders are too easy going  :D

you can be the 800 guru , cross post here too , ya never know you just may start a revolution :lol:

jphish

Excellent 'Birdie' - I'd even conceed that the red goes better with the Tiger family than my black. I also look at ADVrider - I get a lot quicker response to questions due to higher traffic / activity. But usually do duplicate posts - would like the tigertriple site to be the "go to" place - but that won't likely happen soon. However: I still own a Girly but "A forum dedicated to ALL Hinckley Triumph Tigers" would also presume the 800, and would be a good start towards inclusion.

Mustang

send Geoff a PM I bet he'll make the change to the forum pic ..............

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/privms ... e=post&u=2

click the link
 ask away ................ :D

jphish

Sin_Tiger

I feel a bit inadequate here, I don't have a Girly  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Sin

Have you looked in the back of your range rover collection?  There's probably a Girly you don't remember buying lying around in their!  :lol:

Has anyone got all four?  Maybe we should start a "who is a mulitple tiger owner thread..."
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

jphish

Hey - In case you missed it on "Speaking of Bikes" - Geoff is looking for photos. Lets get those 'Beakers' in the new line up!

oxnsox

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I feel a bit inadequate here, I don't have a Girly  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Your wife would be pleased to hear it....  :lol:

But seriously, :idea:  if you were a really committed Tiger owner you would trade the street triple....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ramseybella

Hey Mustang,

To bad us 1050 Rodie ex Steamer guys don't do much around these parts as I was suggested to visit elsewhere for info as was a few others(Tiger 1050 forum).
still scratchin the Kitty Litter!!  :lol:

I assume the Explorer section will join the list after it gets a nickname, it wont be on my list until they put spokers on it.