News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Panniers - Name your brand.

Started by jphish, July 18, 2011, 02:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

The aftermarket has started to catch up nicely. Happy Trails, SW Motech, among them (and both their rack systems will accomodate lots of brands of panniers) If you went "aftermarket" - What have did you choose & why ?

Birdy68

Well, I was honestly think of going with SW-Motech, but then I hated the looks of the exhaust side, just 'hanging out' there!

So then I looked at Touratech.... Just the same!

BUT NOW - those Jesse cases that Cheryl & Leslie have on their Tiggers:

[/url]
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!

jphish

Hey Birdie - yeah, those jessies snug up pretty nicely. I read somewhere (ADVrider ?) That Jessie is about to launch another style pannier that fits tiggers. Think i'll wait to see what develops. j

Birdy68

Quote from: "jphish"... I read somewhere (ADVrider ?) That Jessie is about to launch another style pannier that fits tiggers. Think i'll wait to see what develops. j

Ooooh - that could be good! Thanks for the heads-up on that one.
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!

blacktiger

Quote from: "jphish"The aftermarket has started to catch up nicely. Happy Trails, SW Motech, among them (and both their rack systems will accomodate lots of brands of panniers) If you went "aftermarket" - What have did you choose & why ?

Givi E36 & or E21 on SWmotech frames. Because I already had the panniers.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

jphish

I finally decided on the Black Zega Pro 38 L for both sides of 800. Awaiting the Happy trails frames - here in 2 weeks or so. Selling the stock 800 panniers - they'll just sit in garage taking up precious space. Holan was my 1st choice, based on quality / price - but they're reorganizing and unresponsive at the moment. I liked the Trax by SW Motech - but didnt want the quick release frame feature - Trax side case will only fit their frame. I liked HT tetons - had them on my KLR - very rugged - but wanted short rectangular boxes with no angles. Liked Jessies too, but didnt want exhaust side cut out & the HT frames are made in USA, & I think, the toughest out there. The Zega's are spendy, but worth it in the long run. Anyway - thats all my reasoning. Also got a HT frame for my 955 tiger - hopefully I can switch Zega's back and forth between bikes & now use the Ortlieb dry bags as well. We'll see.

fernandos1

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "jphish"The aftermarket has started to catch up nicely. Happy Trails, SW Motech, among them (and both their rack systems will accomodate lots of brands of panniers) If you went "aftermarket" - What have did you choose & why ?

Givi E36 & or E21 on SWmotech frames. Because I already had the panniers.

HI, I am looking to get this exact setup on my 800 roadie. Is there any way that you can take a couple of pictures to see how they fit?

Thanks so much.

Sleffer

Quote from: "Birdy68"Well, I was honestly think of going with SW-Motech, but then I hated the looks of the exhaust side, just 'hanging out' there!

So then I looked at Touratech.... Just the same!

BUT NOW - those Jesse cases that Cheryl & Leslie have on their Tiggers:

[/url]

Hello Birdie,

I just fitted these Jesse Panniers(Odyssey II) on my black Tiger XC, also in black. Very solid, edgy(like the Tiger) and good looks. Not cheap but worth the money. They fit real close to the Tiger, total width: 95cm and 105L of space! Not bad. Thanks to Two Wheel Trekkers. By the 1st of october they increase 100GBP !

Sleffer

mbellantone

I'm thinking about these bad boys... Price is right at $780 for everything including racks and hardware, made to fit on existing mounting bolts.  Lifetime replacement should things get bad, but Pelican cases have been around forever.

http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=Cat ... tem=000364

I'd love to hear from people who have/had these and what they think.

Mike
2012 Tiger 800 Venom Yellow
1984 R80RT

ramseybella

Thinking on trading my 1050 for the 800 do they make frame work for the Trax boxes?

mbellantone

Yes, I installed SW-Motech frames, which are bolt on with the quick disconnect so you can remove the frames from the bike in 2 minutes with a large screwdriver.

These frames can be used with many bags including Trax or Pelican or Hepco

Very clean, very well made and precision fit.  I have no affiliation with them! :)

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/6150/
2012 Tiger 800 Venom Yellow
1984 R80RT

ramseybella

A little off topic.

It never ceases to amaze me how robust these Triumph triple motors are, the 1050 pulls like a tractor and my old Steamer was a wonderful beast. But I realized on my trip to Colorado that the setup is limited for what I wanted to do.
I can run Forest roads all day on it but turning in tight spots takes some pre planning, mud with the 1050 is sure death due to tires and size.
I was offered $8k trade in value for my 2010 with 27k on it if I turn it back to stock, I have all my stock parts most of the after-market stuff will be sold but the Trax will be for my next ride.
I am a big guy at 334 pounds 6'3" how will I fare with the 800 or should I shoot for the 1200, I do lots of miles 80% highway as my 1050 has close to 28K now since March 18th 2011?

The 1200 has cast hubs and cost way above my head, I prefer spokes for off road.