News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: I replaced my brake callip...
Last post by superfour - March 03, 2024, 10:30:11 AM
Late reply mainly for info. Nothing special, just copper washers from a motor factors. Many cars use the same banjo bolts.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: 885 Balance Shaft Crinkle ...
Last post by London_Phil - March 02, 2024, 12:45:38 PM
Quote from: fishnbiker on March 02, 2024, 02:42:33 AMInterested! I can't find them through Triumph Canada, or so other jurisdictions may be my way forward. Could you ask for 3 if able to find them? I wear them out at about 40 thousand Km each & then the engine just gets a little too much sounding like the farm implement tractor it has always been associated with. 

Pricing & a quote on reshipping to V9H 1V2, Canada would be wonderful.

Thanks, Ken/Fishnbiker
Fishnbiker@yahoo.ca

I'll see what's about, and let you know..
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: 885 Balance Shaft Crinkle ...
Last post by fishnbiker - March 02, 2024, 02:42:33 AM
Quote from: London_Phil on February 23, 2024, 10:04:01 AMI'm happy to get them in the UK, if available, and ship to you. PM me..
Quick search however shows as NLA, and I can't see any available, sadly.

Interested! I can't find them through Triumph Canada, or so other jurisdictions may be my way forward. Could you ask for 3 if able to find them? I wear them out at about 40 thousand Km each & then the engine just gets a little too much sounding like the farm implement tractor it has always been associated with. 

Pricing & a quote on reshipping to V9H 1V2, Canada would be wonderful.

Thanks, Ken/Fishnbiker
Fishnbiker@yahoo.ca
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: 955 Skid Plate Plans
Last post by wyaTT37 - March 01, 2024, 10:39:22 AM
If you build one and mount it, I'd very much appreciate a guide to how you mounted it. If I beat you to it, I'll post the "how to". Thank you, Rich
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Not starting solution
Last post by London_Phil - March 01, 2024, 09:07:13 AM
There should be some drains around the fuel cap area so water will not pool, and are usually attached underneath the tank to rubber pipes that likely drain around the back of the engine/suspension. If they are blocked or kinked, water can collect and enter the tank. Worth a chack?
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Not starting solution
Last post by BeerBarty - March 01, 2024, 12:10:34 AM
A bit of of an odd one, bought the bike 2001 955 about 3 month ago I've been slowly working through checking service checks oil, forks etc. Been out for a ride, thought the wheels etc were looking very grubby so stopped to give a gentle pressure wash. Came to leave garage forecourt and engine died like fuel starvation had to borrow trailer to recover.
Came to this forum which I must admit has an amazing amount of help and advice, so thanks to all. Tried all the obvious ones water in electrics, faulty earths etc. I even picked up on the drain tube from the fuel tank filler and yes it was blocked this has now been sorted.
I had noted in the few times I fueled the big there was a bit of water that got into the tank but considered it not enough to worry about.(What I should have considered was how long this had been going on!)
As previously mentioned when the bike stopped it felt like loss of fuel, so I decided to siphon drain the tank. I removed about 10 liters of FLUID, this was definitely NOT all fuel as there were 2 VERY distinct layers in the container water and fuel.
Out of curiosity I then siphoned of most of the water at the bottom of the container app 2 liters.
This leaves me with a question, considering where the fuel pump and filter is located and the volume of water how had it been working at all.
Good news is clean tank and filter with fresh fuel I now have my bike working happy again, and looking forward to many more miles.
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Throttle bodies vacuum tub...
Last post by wyaTT37 - February 29, 2024, 09:58:30 PM
Quote from: tigergotcha on July 23, 2023, 09:11:32 AMA good replacement for the OEM tubes(with rubber boots always cracking) are silicon tubes 6mm ID, 3mm wall thickness. If you want to keep the corrugated ones you can use pieces of the same silicone tube to just replace boots (it's a tight fit, perfectly working).You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.   
:><
Last post by wyaTT37 - February 29, 2024, 09:53:49 PM
Hope this helps
Last post by wyaTT37 - February 29, 2024, 09:37:45 PM
I definitely have them. Metric or SAE? I have both.
ECU and Fuel Injection / Re: Poor idle on 885i Girly
Last post by the slow heart - February 28, 2024, 10:18:29 PM
The lambda sensor arrived.