Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Speaking Of Bikes... / Re: Skills
« Last post by Nick Calne on October 21, 2017, 11:53:49 PM »
Well yeah the AT vids of a similar sort of thing are proper mental by comparison. I think explorer is mega but why take it to a tight and nadgery off road track ( a kids mx course?) and forest? They could have made it look miles better blasting across an open desert, or down a beach perhaps, which is where it would be brill off road. Weird advert that sells a great bike short. :m
« Last post by threepot on October 21, 2017, 08:50:47 PM »
I think he did a good job,on a bike not really designed for that kind of thing? I prefer the Kevin Carmichael film. But definitely not as good as your AT eh Nick? :icon_wink:
« Last post by Bixxer Bob on October 21, 2017, 05:19:06 PM »
I love mine, but still think the 800 would have suited me better.  It's akin to sitting astride an elephant, but I do like the way it jus f**ks off when you want it to.
« Last post by Nick Calne on October 20, 2017, 07:24:38 AM »
It doesnt't look comfortable once during that video, and I do wonder how many times they picked it up!
« Last post by mat-tiger1 on October 19, 2017, 11:36:05 PM »
:rfl  I managed to drop it at less than walking pace on the M25 in June  :*&*
Truth be told, I'm sure we've all caught our tiggers 'napping' at least once!  :icon_redface:
« Last post by Bixxer Bob on October 19, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »
You'll be doing that with yours soon Bixxer!  :icon_cool: :wheel

:rfl  I managed to drop it at less than walking pace on the M25 in June  :*&*
Speaking Of Bikes... / Re: should I get another Girly?
« Last post by abruzzi on October 19, 2017, 06:43:53 PM »
The first official pic of my new Tiger:

« Last post by Timbox2 on October 19, 2017, 06:40:54 AM »
a dumb and simple question, so I'll tack it on the end of this thread.  I can't remember, and I can't find corroborating pictures, but do early 955's (i.e. a 2002) have the powerlet outlet on the left side of the frame, below the tank?  I know the later ones do, but I cant remember with the older models.  If it does I'll throw my powerlet powered air pump, tire spoons, and patch kit in my bag as a safety measure for the fly-and-ride next week.

Bit late as your on your way, but the outlet should be where you say. Oh yeah, and a bit cheeky but dont forget I have an immaculate Wilbers shock on the shelf at home for this bike :icon_wink:
« Last post by abruzzi on October 19, 2017, 02:10:57 AM »
Thanks.  I’m on day one of my ride home. I’m pretty happy with the condition of the bike, given it’s age (not perfect, but pretty darn good.). The bike runs great, though I haven’t pushed it too hard. It’s got a loping idle, but my recollection was this could be fixed by running the TOR map with the stock can.  I’ll try that once I get home and order the tuneecu cable.
« Last post by Linux_Tyro on October 18, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »
Forgot to say that I have an OEM shock off of my 2006 that has less than 8K miles if you end up needing one. I bought a HyperPro from Sasquatch here on this forum.

Also, Michelin Pilot Road 4 trail tires and the HyperPro shock completely transformed my Tiger. Take a look at them if you need either one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10