News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussions / Re: Comms advice
Last post by ghulst - April 03, 2024, 10:12:35 PM
Don't come to the Netherlands then Lee. We've got lots of those. In fact, I ride my bicycle more than my Triumph. ;-)
Last post by Lee337 - April 03, 2024, 05:53:08 PM
And we here in England also have to contend with suicidal wildlife. They're called cyclists in the countryside & piss heads in the towns & cities  :*&*
Ride Reports / Re: Lowest non classified road...
Last post by HockleyBoy - April 03, 2024, 04:58:11 PM
Will do  :icon_biggrin:
Last post by ghulst - April 03, 2024, 03:36:47 PM
Well, as the Netherlands is the size of the distance between two houses in the Australian outback @Madruss, I usually have signal for everything. ;) 
Last post by ghulst - April 03, 2024, 03:33:38 PM
Nice. I am based in the south west, though a bit north of Cadzand. Enjoy the ride!
Last post by HockleyBoy - April 03, 2024, 03:12:36 PM
Quote from: ghulst on March 27, 2024, 10:43:58 AMI cannot give you 5K under the sea. ;)

This is the map of the flood prone areas of the Netherlands:

The darker blue areas are the ones that are first to flood. The lowest point of the country is about 7 metres under sea level. More importantly, 26% of the country is below sea level. And that is quite a bit.

You don't need to do a 5K trip either. Book a ferry from Harwich to Hoek van Holland and you're there in a good nights sleep.  ;)

Probably heading NL way on Friday, out for a day trip and often make it up as far as Cadzan in the south on my ride from Calais.
Last post by HockleyBoy - April 03, 2024, 03:08:16 PM
Think you have made a good choice with the Freecom, I have the Freecom 2+ , on my second one as I broke the charging port on the first one(which was me not the unit  :icon_redface: ), slighty less features than the 4 but it does a brilliant job for me, use it every day on the commute for music alongside teh satnav for traffic and camera notifications.

Sound is good and it connects well, rarely use it for calls but it works fine if I do.
Last post by Madruss - April 03, 2024, 02:45:32 PM
Quote from: ghulst on April 02, 2024, 09:58:47 PMYou can also build a playlist on Spotify and then download that to your phone to save your bundle.
I've been running a playlist on my phone for the last few months while at work in the "never never". Radio stations with any "range" have been dropped, "AM style" in favour of "low power FM", which quite frequently disappear due to a lack of mobile phone reception, typical in vast areas of Australia still :icon_mad:
So when the phone service deteriorates to _____________________________ you just have to enjoy your travel without the distraction of music or a navigation system while concentrating on the potholes, corrugations along with suicidal wildlife.
Reminds me of a line from a song "this is austral-eeaah" SRHLookout.jpg[/attach]
Last post by ghulst - April 02, 2024, 09:58:47 PM
You can also build a playlist on Spotify and then download that to your phone to save your bundle. I've had unlimited data for years, so I haven't had to deal with that. ;) And Spotify does podcasts as well, so that saves data as well.
Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Surging at 3-4k RPM
Last post by Flyingwombat - April 02, 2024, 08:41:10 PM
Uploaded the latest map, no difference.

"If after each dismantling you find throttles bit off balance, you might be right to prime suspect worn screws."

Possible but threads look in good condition

"When you blow with mouth at iacv, are all three lines equally releasing air? When you continue blowing and finger block orifices at manifold, do you feel pressure block and silence? O ring under the valve should be good."

Oring appears fine, will blow into IACV to check...

"What about the spark plugs?"

All new and gapped correctly.

"When you cleaned the carbs, did you really push something through all of the needles and thoroughly did the same with all of the other little passageways within the carbs?"

Used carb cleaner spray from liquimoly to clean throttle body inlets, will be ordering new seals for injectors, will clean the injectors and replace the seals when I do. Also trying to get an EFI relay, and a throttle body housing.