Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Ride Reports / Re: Leitrim's Payback
« Last post by HockleyBoy on January 10, 2019, 09:06:38 AM »
Nice report and pics. Love the scenery and old buildings. Definitely need to get over there for a trip sometime.

Ride Reports / Re: Leitrim's Payback
« Last post by Geoff W on January 09, 2019, 07:36:25 PM »
An interesting trip and wonderful written report.
ECU and Fuel Injection / Re: Back to square one!!!!!
« Last post by Bostedsprocket on January 06, 2019, 06:31:01 PM »
In the valleys Boyo, need a passport to get in, they just about tolerate me now. May be able to sort something your way with Chris' help, wont be that soon though at moment
Yeah that would be great, I think ill fit a new stepper motor if only to eliminate it, hopefully it will cure my woes if not ill pick your brains once more mate but thanks for all your help.
« Last post by Timbox2 on January 06, 2019, 06:02:10 PM »
I understand its a bit like pissing in the wind without tune ecu, where in south wales do you live lol.

In the valleys Boyo, need a passport to get in, they just about tolerate me now. May be able to sort something your way with Chris' help, wont be that soon though at moment
« Last post by Bostedsprocket on January 06, 2019, 05:12:30 PM »
Its difficult to know, when I had my problem the bike would start ok but as soon as I touched the throttle would drop like a stone and cut out. A new stepper cured it, Chris' on the other hand was slightly different.  You really need Tune ECU as sometimes just blowing a new map in can cure stuff like this as it resets all the trims etc.
I understand its a bit like pissing in the wind without tune ecu, where in south wales do you live lol.
« Last post by Timbox2 on January 06, 2019, 04:54:48 PM »
Chris mentioned something earlier that's got me thinking, my problem is tick over too low hence the stalling, so do I need a new stepper or is it a job for tune ecu????

Its difficult to know, when I had my problem the bike would start ok but as soon as I touched the throttle would drop like a stone and cut out. A new stepper cured it, Chris' on the other hand was slightly different.  You really need Tune ECU as sometimes just blowing a new map in can cure stuff like this as it resets all the trims etc.
« Last post by Chris Canning on January 06, 2019, 04:38:32 PM »
Before you do anything you need one of these and a decent laptop.

https://www.triumphtwinpower.com/ttp-obd-2-usb-cable.php

When you have both either talk to Tim or Bixxer

You will get this which reveals all,I changed the middle coil a while back and only just got round to changing the other two.

Ironically my neighbour who knows sweet FA about bike thinks its great fun tinkering he gets me in and I tell him what to do  :icon_rolleyes:

« Last post by Bostedsprocket on January 06, 2019, 02:53:27 PM »
I would think the Motor is the only bit needed unless you can see any cracks or such like in the housing, give the port the piston goes up and down in a good clean though, and I would order a new gasket where it seals against the airbox and an O ring where the motor goes into the housing. Fowlers have all parts in stock

Chris mentioned something earlier that's got me thinking, my problem is tick over too low hence the stalling, so do I need a new stepper or is it a job for tune ecu????
« Last post by Bostedsprocket on January 06, 2019, 02:05:12 PM »
ive not got tune ecu, like yourself im not too clued up on that kind of thing, ill have to get somebody in the know to look at it.

I suspect that the plunger in the stepper has come adrift from the base, its self tapping and looked iffy at best last time I was in there, I meant to change it then but a few folk on triumph rat said just clean it and throw it back together so against my better judgment I did, now its back to square one. For some reason i cant post pictures on this site?

« Last post by Chris Canning on January 06, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »
First thing first unless you pull that Hagon out on a regular basis it will seize on the bottom sleeve and will snap the bottom of the shock it’s common.

Re the stepper put a new one in by all means but if you haven’t got your head around Tune ECU it will only be half the job it’s the only way to alter the tickover all the stepper will do is give you the consistency Set it up.

Have you bought the cable yet and tried Tune ECU?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10