Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Engine and Transmission / Re: Clutch
« Last post by mark4 on Today at 12:29:26 PM »
My experience of bike clutches is not on the Tiger, but may still apply..

Bikes can be VERY fussy about the stack height (total thickness of plates and steels). If this is thicker than factory (and aftermarket often are) then you can get problems with either not disengaging properly or the plates could stick together as there is no clearance for them to be lubed by the oil properly. This could also lead to difficulty changing gear or finding neutral. (my Tiger is very fussy over oil and gets sticky shift if I don't put synthetic oil in there...but that's another story..).

My other bike is an FJ1200 and I had problems with the stack height. In the end after trying EBC plates I bought some factory fibre plates and new steels which brought the stack back to factory specs. Since then I've had no problems. So my advice would be to buy the Triumph plates and steels according to your engine number (from Fowlers or WorldofTriumph). IF you do this, measure the full stack before fitting to compare with the ones you have in already and maybe the EBC's if you still have them. If they are the same then that is likely not your problem, but if they are markedly different (more than 1 or 2 mm for the stack) then that could be your issue...

It's just my thoughts from my own expensive experience!  :BangHead  :icon_lol:
Engine and Transmission / Re: Clutch
« Last post by HockleyBoy on Today at 11:05:44 AM »
Update on this

Clutch problem has returned and I have lived with it for quite a while but it isn't ideal so I thought I would have another crack at it.

I purchased a surflex clutch kit (£160) which included friction discs and steel a while ago but hadn't fitted it.  As I had an hour or so free on Friday I thought I would fit it and hopefully see some improvement.

One hour and 10 minutes all fitted and ready to go (I am getting pretty quick at this now!), test ride and all seems ok. Ride to work this morning and exactly the same as before, engine warm in traffic and the plates start sticking, By the time I get to work, no chance of finding neutral without adjusting loads of slack out of the cable!

Getting a bit p1%^ed off with the whole thing now  :BangHead

Chassis & Suspension / Re: fork gaitors
« Last post by JayDub on July 19, 2018, 10:29:31 PM »
I replaced mine with (cheaper) rubber aftermarket ones.
You just need the top and bottom diameters, and the length.  You may have to make air holes in them or they'll 'implode.'
« Last post by kennyjd on July 19, 2018, 08:02:38 PM »
They stay up ok!!They just get all wrinkled!!
« Last post by Sidk on July 19, 2018, 07:19:35 PM »
i've got large black zip ties on my steamer.  They hold up the stockings errrmmm gaiters pretty well...
Chassis & Suspension / fork gaitors
« Last post by kennyjd on July 19, 2018, 03:06:28 PM »
Has Anyone found the answer to stop the fork gaiters looking like Norah Battty"s stockings??
Ride Reports / Re: Wales visit
« Last post by JayDub on July 16, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »
My mistake, don't need WhatsApp.
https://www.relive.cc
« Last post by Timbox2 on July 16, 2018, 08:16:02 PM »
It is Tim, I have your phone # do you want a link via WhatsApp?

Go on then
Roadies / Re: Here's an interesting thing: throttle body balancing
« Last post by SteveFord on July 15, 2018, 11:47:30 PM »
I don't know about the Tigers but Tune ECU allows ABS bleeding for the 1050 Sprints.
« Last post by JayDub on July 15, 2018, 08:36:24 AM »
It is Tim, I have your phone # do you want a link via WhatsApp?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10