Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Engine and Transmission / Re: Running on 2 cycliners
« Last post by Bixxer Bob on August 21, 2017, 09:49:27 PM »
Just PM'd Ron some ideas to sort his rough running, we'll see how he gets on.....
« Last post by Ron in Buffalo on August 21, 2017, 08:13:10 PM »
Valve cover charnge all wires tested. All  code errors gone however having  ecu issues.
« Last post by JoeDirt on August 21, 2017, 03:41:01 PM »
I lied still having issue with ecu map let see where Mr. Dirt moves this one.

I am with Timbox on this one... see if you can move the problem around. If you have a striped hold down on the cover, it will not be grounded well enough. So, your helicoil should have fixed the ground issue. I am concerned about your boot being ripped. The coil pack might have been handle poorly by previous mechanic/owner. I would go on eBay and buy a set of used coils for cheap. People get a wrecked bike and sell all three together. I got a set for around $50 a couple of years back. It's nice to have extras to try. Also, the chances of all three being bad is very high. Even if you get one that is good you are money ahead. Or, you can buy a coil pack (triumph #T1290006) from dealership/bikebandit.com for $135USD. I keep an extra one in my bike bags with some other goodies that might break.

~JD
« Last post by Ron in Buffalo on August 21, 2017, 12:44:40 AM »
I lied still having issue with ecu map let see where Mr. Dirt moves this one.
« Last post by Ron in Buffalo on August 20, 2017, 07:17:32 AM »
To those who are interested I had to reprogrammed the ecu map. Now it purs like a kitten. Thanks Ron
Engine and Transmission / Re: Tiger 955i - Harsh shifting
« Last post by Timbox2 on August 17, 2017, 02:15:39 PM »
Agree, but just look at whether the clutch is dragging and needs adjusting.  Always do the simple stuff first.

+1. Who serviced it? Check chain too, as we know Girlies dont like it tight, oo err.
« Last post by Timbox2 on August 17, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »
My '01 is clunky through the whole spectrum... I just wear thinker boots.  :augie

Whats a Thinker Boot?  Is it like a pondering shoe :rfl
« Last post by JoeDirt on August 17, 2017, 12:24:32 PM »
My '01 is clunky through the whole spectrum... I just wear thinker boots.  :augie
Speaking Of Bikes... / Re: Trophy & Rocket models to be cancelled.
« Last post by Sin_Tiger on August 17, 2017, 10:57:02 AM »
No offence, bought it to ride rather than an investment,  that and keep the peace at home. It's done the job as far as comfy big miles, and will probably do a lot more,  apart from a few niggles so I'm not complaining.
Speaking Of Bikes... / Re: Trophy & Rocket models to be cancelled.
« Last post by Bixxer Bob on August 17, 2017, 08:12:12 AM »
Clive was saying that the Trophy hasn't sold in the numbers they hoped; the trend toward adventure away from tourer co-incided with the Trophy development.  On a personal note, if like me who was keen on the idea, they thought "That's f**king huge.." when they eventaully saw it they'd have been put  off by that and the price.

Residuals are not good further killing interest (Sorry Sin)....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10