News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fork tool

Started by ballmick1, February 11, 2012, 06:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmick1

does anyone know the part number for the tool so i can change the fork springs on my Girly. many thanks, mick

Mustang

you don't need a tool to change the springs on a tigger ................unscrew the caps with the weight off the front end
check the level of the oil in the tubes before doing anything
pull out the old springs put in the new , check the level of the oil to verify it's the same as when you started .put the caps back on . done

Timbox2

Yep, as Mustang says, my Hyperpro springs came with a recommended oil quantity which was different to the Triumph spec
2016 Tiger Sport

atokad

Quote from: "ballmick1"does anyone know the part number for the tool so i can change the fork springs on my Girly. many thanks, mick

Just in case you decide to do a full fork overhaul:
3880080-T0301 Fork seal/bearing drift
3880090-T0301 Fork piston holder
3880160-T0301 Fork Filler/evacuator - aka turkey baster

I was just looking at all this today as my forks are off for a full overhaul - racetch emulators, re-valve, springs, oil etc.

Also, top and lower pinch bolts - torque to 20 nm
Rotors to forks - 28 nm

This is all for my 2006 - may be different for other years?

malc

I made the tool for splitting the forks when I did my refurb I can post pics/dimensions up no problem, be carefull if you buy the triumph one specified in the manual as it will be too short I borrowed 1 from a local dealer & it was to short due to the length of the tigers legs so I took measurements & works great. pics can be available if you want them
its grrreaaattttttttt

oradbaforpsoft

Quote from: "malc"I made the tool for splitting the forks when I did my refurb I can post pics/dimensions up no problem, be carefull if you buy the triumph one specified in the manual as it will be too short I borrowed 1 from a local dealer & it was to short due to the length of the tigers legs so I took measurements & works great. pics can be available if you want them

Hi there - doing the same job - would love to see pics to save some $$
Dave in KCMO: 2003 Tiger 955i - Lucifer Orange

malc

Hi Iwill get some pics & dimensions for you this week#
its grrreaaattttttttt