News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Next tool for the garage

Started by BruKen, December 30, 2015, 08:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

Referring to the XRay picture:  " How cool is that. Next must have for my garage  :love10"

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: BruKen on December 30, 2015, 08:57:53 PM
Referring to the XRay picture:  " How cool is that. Next must have for my garage  :love10"

do i need special glasses to view this  :^_^

:ImaPoser

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

BruKen

Well I thought it rather neat. I love taking things apart to see how they work. Sometimes I break things in my journey to disassemble, or take unneccessary things apart. A machine like that might cure the habit.....or exacerbate it  :^_^ , either way it would be a great boon. My latest foible was stripping down two root superchargers to "inspect".  I was rather dissaponted in the lack of whizzbangpoppers and amazing gubbins and I could have saved myself the bother, oil and gaskets. It may also have prevented me from trying to knock a oil cooler core out the wrong way from it's housing. Besides, on it's own it simply exudes the entertainment factor.

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on December 31, 2015, 02:01:18 AM

KK

:BangHead The mods have it in for me. But I like Steamers, I'm not greedy, just one forum is fine, but nooo, you must eat from the smorgasbord. You just have to see their garages. I'll bet everything has it's own little draw, tray, and hanging peg. Complimented with a tool signout form for each project. I'd bet folding money on it  :bad

Mustang

Innocent this time  :icon_rolleyes: .............I'll take that bet and you can paypal the folding money to me  :ImaPoser my garage/ shop is a mess , only I know where to find anythijng  :ImaPoser

BruKen

My wife tries to tidy mine. That's infuriating, then only she knows where to find anything, but doesn't know their names when I ask. One more use for an X-ray machine.

but honestly, just how cool is this ....

Quote from: London_Phil on December 30, 2015, 08:51:51 PM
Just in case your interested

.... I scratched my head over that very same problem. Then comes the hours of mulling. How did they get it in? How do you get it out? How do you service it? Because their is no literature, no lore, no wise book of words, only a 4lb hammer, a punch driver, a burning curiosity and a small prayer. Bang! Oops!  :icon_redface:

Mustang

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on December 31, 2015, 02:01:18 AM

KK
go back to 1st post ..................I added the missing pics  :augie

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

BruKen

Quote from: Mustang on December 31, 2015, 03:30:02 PM
go back to 1st post ..................I added the missing pics  :augie

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on December 30, 2015, 09:12:10 PM
If your garage weren't such a mess they'd have been up sooner  :pottytrain2

:iagree

Or I would have, had he said it.  :^_^

JoeDirt

Quote from: BruKen on December 30, 2015, 08:57:53 PM

I found your motorcycle keys... :thumbsup

BruKen

Great  :BangHead , now I can add 1 x dog leash, 1 x pooper scooper and 1 x fork to the garage inventory

Sin_Tiger

I thought you were yanking or chains when you mentioned xray but it really does work  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ned37

i was rebuilding a '73 trident back when i used to work in a hospital.  used the x-ray machine to check on a used set of rods i bought off ebay.  definitely eases the mind about cracks.
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

BruKen

Well I've had an idle peek about and unless a dentist's unit could be modified (dicey) the ball starts rolling at £15k.

:nap kerplunk! I'm out

But at least I now know who to badger if I need a bit of a fettle. :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

I can just see you in the waiting room to get your leg x-rayed with three chin rods down your trousers  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint